Administrative & Community Coordinator
What’s the opportunity?
Borealis AI is a team of researchers and developers dedicated to solving today’s leading problems in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our researchers are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of theoretical and applied science, while our development team transforms state-of-the-art technologies and algorithms into impactful products with the potential to reach millions of people.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the full-time role of Administrative & Community Coordinator for our Edmonton office.
What will you do?
Administrative Coordinator (60%)
- Ensure the organizational effectiveness and efficiency within the office.
- Assist in coordinating team and office events.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational improvements in order to streamline procedures.
- Provide support in organizing meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Onboard and offboard new employees and contractors, including form submittals and asset management.
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for supplies and maintenance.
Community Coordinator (40%)
- Assist the Director of Research Partnerships with creating and maintaining academic and community partnerships.
- Remain the point of contact for our external academic team.
- Coordinate the research grant process between the university, Borealis AI, and RBC.
- Manage Borealis AI’s internal and external research community events by recommending and coordinating events to participate in and/or host.
What do you need to succeed?:
- Recent University of Alberta graduate or relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills with a network in the AI community.
- Experience in an academic/research environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto and Edmonton, we support open academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.